You can use National Small Business Week, April 30 – May 6, to prepare your organization for a variety of emergencies like fires, floods, cyber threats, and other disasters.
Start by completing a Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Plan from the Small Business Administration (SBA).The SBA also highlights other resources to help you protect employees, lessen the financial impact of disasters, and quickly re-open.
Use these Resources
• Create a preparedness program for your business
• Identify critical business systems
• Create an emergency communications plan
• Test your business systems
• Enroll in the Red Cross Ready Rating Program
• Build a disaster preparedness kit
For more information on disaster assistance, loan programs, and emergency preparedness for small businesses visit the SBA Emergency Preparedness page.